This fall inspired fluffy French toast is loaded with pumpkin spice flavors and uniquely cooked in a waffle iron.
Waffled Pumpkin French Toast
- 8 slices bread
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (may need additional 1 tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Lightly spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray, preheat waffle iron as per manufacturer's directions
2. In a shallow dish whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice
3. Dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture until well coated (for a soggier french toast soak for a 30-60 seconds).
4. Place each soaked piece of bread in preheated waffle iron. Quickly repeat for remaining slices of bread that will fit in the waffle iron.
5. Close waffle iron and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown (note: cooking time will differ slightly due to differing waffle iron temperatures.)
6. Remove from waffle iron and repeat for remaining bread slices.
7. Top with your favorite french toast toppings