Over recent years there has been an increased push by healthcare professionals and governmental agencies to participate in adequate physical activity. Physical activity is defined as anything that gets your body moving. According to the 2008 Physical Guidelines for Americans, Adults benefit from participation in 2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity a week + muscle-strengthening training at least 2 days a week.
Although I am a registered dietitian and promote healthy living, exercise is not one of my favorite things to do. Currently for exercise, I run outside or complete workout videos in my home. For me one of the barriers to exercise is time and the lack of desire to leave my house and travel to the gym.
Today I want to introduce you to one of the workout videos I recently discovered, Shazzy Fitness. Shazzy Fitness is a new dance fitness DVD series that complements the busy lifestyle through workouts specifically designed for real people who love the idea of dancing to hip-hop music. They offer two DVD options – a beginner DVD and an intermediate DVD. Each DVD offers two-10 minutes dance fitness routines + an introduction section with a tutorial on how to complete each move. Each 10 minute workout is divided into three songs – the first two songs include instructions throughout the workout while the third song is an all out dance party with no instructions.
The positive impressions:
- Routines are perfect for a busy schedule (only 10 minutes)
- Each 10 minute routine offers amazing aerobic activity – you will be sweating!
- Routine moves are not terribly difficult – beginning tutorial is helpful for harder movements
- Encourage complete workout with warm-up and cool-down
- Appropriate for all ages and backgrounds (perfect for the entire family)
- Music is uplifting and fun to dance to
- Bonus work out on intermediate DVD is amazing
- Overall workouts are inspiring to exercise through the extremely energetic and exciting routines
- While they encourage you to warm-up for at least 5 minutes, there is not an official “warm-up” on the DVDs
- The beginner DVD offers and “cool-down”, but the intermediate DVD does not
- For beginners the “all out dance party” style during the last song might be a bit difficult to follow
Contest Rules: Contest period will end Sunday, March 2 at midnight (ET). Sometime on February a random winner will be chosen and announced on social media. Winners will have one week (7 days) to respond and provide email address before another winner will be chosen. Winners MUST be Facebook followers. One Entry per person. Giveaway is open to anyone in the contiguous United State (48 contiguous states only).
Shazzy Fitness is also launching a 7-day health challenge.
From March 5 through March 11, bloggers from around the country have agreed to do 1-2 Shazzy Fitness workouts (that are on the DVDs). Each day they will post videos from their choreography team with tips and words of encouragement. They will provide you the links so you can embed the videos on your blog or just post a link the video on our site.
Every blogger who shares a video (blog or social media) during the challenge will be entered into a giveaway for a $100 gift card.
Your family’s dietitian,
Disclaimer: Shazzy Fitness is a Christian inspired fitness dance video. They are providing the giveaway prizes. All views and opinions expressed in this blog are purely and entirely my own unique experiences.