Some weeks can be insanely busy causing most of your typical day to day life to be put on hold. Last week was one of those weeks for me. Don’t get me wrong busy weeks are typically good weeks for my professional career.
This past week I had the opportunity to attend Obesity Week, an annual scientific and educational conference for obesity health care professionals. I spent four amazing long days attending educational sessions, learning about new products, and networking with other healthcare professionals. Networking included some fabulous conversations with pioneers in the weight management profession and those I look to a role models and leaders.
In the midst of the jammed packed days I had a few celebrity and star sightings! The Housewives of Atlanta star Cynthia was spotted in the conference expo hall. It doesn’t stop there, I stumbled across the filming of Fast and the Furious 7 near the conference parking deck. So much fun!
Your family’s dietitian,
Low Fat Pumpkin Blondies
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons light butter spread, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves