Can you guess what ingredients were used to make this a lower calorie treat?! In fact one serving can be enjoyed for less than 150 calories!
A few weeks ago one of my co-workers introduced me to a brownie recipe “Believe It Or Not Brownies”. While I modified the recipe a bit, I did use of the one of the key ingredients to help create a lower calorie treat….Prunes!! I would not advise you to run around and tell your family and friends prunes were added to their brownies, but they will never know. The pureed prunes act as a fat replacer while still adding sweetness and moisture.
The top cheesecake layer of the dessert cup was inspired by a previous recipe, Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Cups. For a lower calorie cheesecake a large portion of the cream cheese was substituted with Greek yogurt. Additionally pumpkin puree and spices were added to create a delicious fall treat.
Your family’s dietitian,
- 2/3 cup + 3 tablespoons sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pureed prunes (baby food)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon