Broiled parmesan tilapia with salsa green beans is one my all time favorite meals. Not only does it taste delicious, but it all can be prepared in under 15 minutes. On a night when I have little time to plan or cook a meal this is always my go-to-meal. Although I have been making the tilapia for a bit longer, the green beans are a newer addition to the meal. I love how the salsa gives the green beans a hint of extra flavor, but is not too overpowering.
If you want to add a starch to the meal try some brown rice. It is a nice completion to the meal.
Broiled Parmesan Tilapia
4 – 3 oz pieces of tilapia
2 tablespoons Smart Balance spread (melted)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons low fat mayo
5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
non-stick cooking spray
1. Pre-heat oven to broil (high).
2. Cover broiling pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix butter and lemon juice; brush on both sides of tilapia (reserve a small amount); add salt and pepper to tilapia.
3. Broil tilapia for about 4-5 minutes on broiling pan; turn tilapia over and broil other side for another 4-5 minutes (I usually turn down the broil to low for a few of these minutes).
4. While tilapia is broiling mix together remaining ingredients with butter mixture; after tilapia is broiled on both sides cover one side of tilapia with mixture.
5. Broil tilapia on high for a remaining 3-5 minutes until browned.
Servings: 4 • Calories: 117 kcal • Protein: 6.9 g • Sodium: 232.3 mg • Carbs: 1.9 g • Fat: 9.2 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Sugar: 0.6 g
3. Cook until desired tenderness